Silhouette Soft now new at LIPS and SKIN
Now new: SILHOUETTE SOFT thread lift
I am pleased to announce that I am expanding my program and now offer SILHOUETTE SOFT thread lifting in my practice in Munich. For this purpose I have recently undergone extensive further training with Surgeon Dr. Sandra Moritz graduated. And now I am ready for my patients with advice and action!
SILHOUETTE SOFT ideally complements my program. Even demanding facelifts are now no longer a problem. And the results are characterized by long durability. In this article I would like to give you a first insight into thread lifting with SILHOUETTE SOFT.
These are the topics:
- Why SILHOUETTE SOFT?
- How does the treatment work?
- Are there any risks?
- When will the result be visible?
- Guide values for SILHOUETTE SOFT costs
Why SILHOUETTE SOFT?
With increasing age, the skin loses elasticity. Muscles and fatty tissue are reduced. The bones also change. In the face, this leads to a noticeable slackening: the once youthful “V” shape turns into a distinct “O.” Visually, this often has a detrimental effect. Therefore, many patients are unhappy with the development and seek remedies.
For a long time, the surgical facelift was the only way out. This involved tightening the skin with a scalpel. Excess tissue was removed. However, a facelift is a complex procedure, with correspondingly high risks. In addition, it is quite expensive. Therefore, it is certainly not a solution for everyone.
This is where SILHOUETTE SOFT comes into play. In many cases, it is in no way inferior to the facelift. But it is much less risky. And as a rule, it is also less expensive.
SILHOUETTE SOFT vs. PDO Thread Lifting
PDO threads are a first step towards facelift without surgery. Whether as a stand-alone solution or in combination with Botox and Hyaluron: in many cases good results are possible with PDO threads. Without reaching for the scalpel. And at low cost and without downtime. For very many applications PDO threads are therefore still the means of choice.
PDO filaments are, however, limited. On the one hand in the range of possible applications. Because even the strongest threads are often not strong enough to achieve a sufficient lifting effect. On the other hand in the durability of the results. After 9-12 months, there is often not much left to see of the lifting. It is true that the threads also activate collagen production. And thus also achieve a certain tissue tightening. But this is usually not enough to permanently maintain rejuvenating effects.
SILHOUETTE SOFT: real facelift without surgery
SILHOUETTE SOFT now goes one step further. Since its market launch in 2006, the threads from Polylactic acid (PLA) represent a real alternative to the facelift. Like PDO threads, SILHOUETTE SOFT threads dissolve in the body over time and are completely absorbed. However, they differ from PDO threads primarily in two aspects:
- While PDO threads are anchored in the tissue by means of barbs, SILHOUETTE SOFT threads have freely movable, cone-shaped resistance bodies. They allow the exact and firm placement of the thread in the tissue. This allows precise control over traction and lifting effect.
- PDO threads are usually placed in only one direction. Facelifts that require working in different directions are not possible with this. In contrast, SILHOUETTE SOFT threads are laid with a double needle. This allows laying in different directions. And thus also complex applications.
The third advantage of SILHOUETTE SOFT is its long durability. The results are often still visible after 2 years.
Fields of application for SILHOUETTE SOFT
SILHOUETTE SOFT is suitable for many applications. Among them drooping (“ptosis”) of the eyebrows, ptosis of the cheeks, ptosis of the chin and corners of the mouth, and sagging neck.
It is thus also suitable for all applications where PDO sutures are used. However, since SILHOUETTE SOFT is priced above a PDO thread lift, it is also a question of cost which technique is used. I always recommend SILHOUETTE SOFT to my patients in Munich if the achievable success justifies the additional costs.
A “Bella Hadid Browlift“, for example, is only optimally possible with SILHOUETTE SOFT threads. Even the strongest PDO threads are only sufficient for subtle effects. And even that often only if pretreated with Botox. With SILHOUETTE SOFT, however, convincing results with individual looks are possible. In addition, with long durability.
How do SILHOUETTE SOFT threads work?
SILHOUETTE SOFT works in two ways:
- The threads stimulate the formation of new collagen in the skin. The effect is permanent. Even when the threads themselves are resorbed, the new collagen remains. And thus provides a lasting tightening.
- There are small cones on SILHOUETTE SOFT threads. They anchor the threads in the tissue. The principle is the same as for PDO threads with barbs. But the tissue resistance is much greater and therefore the anchoring is much stronger.
Both the cones and the threads grow into the tissue. This creates the lifting effect. Over the course of several months, they then dissolve and are absorbed by the body. Thanks to the newly formed collagen bridges, the lifting effect is maintained for several months. Even when threads and cones have already dissolved.
How does the treatment work?
A SILHOUETTE SOFT lift takes 90-120 minutes, including preparation. The procedure takes place under local anesthesia and is largely painless.
The sutures are placed with millimeter precision. The treatment therefore begins with the exact marking of the entry and exit points. After thorough cleaning and disinfection, the threads are laid in the subcutaneous fatty tissue with the aid of thin needles. At a depth of approx. 5 mm.
In SILHOUETTE SOFT lifting, the needle is passed under the skin from the point of insertion to the point of exit. The thread is aligned, cut behind the exit point and the end is placed invisibly under the skin.
The other end of the suture is then inserted and laid with the second needle. The cones strung on SILHOUETTE SOFT threads point in opposite directions. This allows for a strong tightening effect. Patients can examine the result during the treatment and influence it according to their wishes.
At the end, the entry and exit holes are closed by means of wound plasters (so-called “Steristrips“) sealed and the sutures fixed. The plasters must be worn for 3 days.
What should be observed after SILHOUETTE SOFT treatment?
The aftercare of a SILHOUETTE SOFT lift is as follows:
- After completion of the treatment, treated areas are cooled with cold packs for about 10 minutes.
- Suture entry and exit sites should be treated with antibiotic ointment for 5 days to prevent infection.
- Tightness, reminiscent of sore muscles, is common in the first few days after treatment. Common pain relievers such as ibuprofen 400 or 600 mg help well. The pain may last for a week, and in rare cases, two.
- For the first 2 weeks after treatment, avoid massages, direct sun and solarium. In addition, sleep on your back if possible.
- Sports, sauna, hammam, massages and grimaces of any kind must be avoided for 3 weeks. Likewise, visits to the dentist, where you have to open your mouth wide.
A SILHOUETTE thread lift does not entail any downtime. However, you will not be fully socially acceptable again right away. The restrictions are necessary, on the one hand, to promote healing; on the other hand, so as not to jeopardize the success of the treatment. Wound plasters must also be worn to hold the freshly laid stitches in place. Ideally, you should plan the treatment so that it does not clash with important appointments.
Are there any risks?
Apart from pulling pain and stretching sensations after treatment, as well as temporary swelling and bruising, no serious complications have been reported to date. Possible contraindications, such as allergies and intolerances, must be clarified in the preliminary consultation.
Slipping or “wandering” of the threads, as occurs with PDO lifts, is rarely observed with SILHOUETTE SOFT. However, if it does occur and the ends of the threads extend out of the skin or into the oral cavity, this can be corrected quickly and easily.
When will the results be visible?
After treatment with SILHOUETTE SOFT, initial tightening is visible immediately. The final result appears gradually and is fully visible after 3-6 months. The effect can be enhanced or nuanced with hyaluron. The result lasts for about 18-24 months afterwards.
When is SILHOUETTE SOFT not recommended?
The treatment is contraindicated in case of intolerance to the materials used. In addition, in case of acute infection or presence of autoimmune disease.
A SILHOUETTE SOFT lift will not be successful in cases of severe tissue excess. In this case, only a surgical facelift will help.
Guide values for SILHOUETTE SOFT costs
A SILHOUETTE SOFT thread lift, like all my medical services, is billed according to the German Medical Fee Schedule (GOÄ). The price depends on the number of threads and the circumstances of the individual case. As an approximate guideline for SILHOUETTE SOFT costs I can give you:
- Approximately 780-820 Euro for a lifting with 2 SILHOUETTE SOFT threads (1x per side). This would be equivalent to an eyebrow lift.
- About 2300-2500 Euro for a lifting with 6 SILHOUETTE SOFT threads (3x per side). This would be equivalent to a cheek lift with tightening of the nasolabial fold or the lower jaw contour (jawline). 6 threads are also needed for a neck lift.
- About 3000-3600 Euro for a complete face lift (10 SILHOUETTE SOFT threads)
- About 3900-4500 Euro for a complete lifting of face and neck (12 SILHOUETTE SOFT threads)